problem to open Lilypond

From: Vanessa Laboisne
Subject: problem to open Lilypond
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:40:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi there,

I have a problem to run Lilypond:

After Lylipond has been correctly installed, i get to the welcoming "Lylipad
screen".
At point n°4 it says: "To print or to view the result, click on the newly
produced file called  " WELCOME_TO_LILYPOND.pdf "

But:
1. The pdf. file on my desktop isn't called that way, but only "lylipond file";
2. Once i've clicked on it, it opens on a nice C scale, and then? HOW DO I GET
TO      THE PROGRAM ITSELF  ???
3. Is it because i don't have any Visio or Corel Draw installed on my machine?
I downloaded then a program called DIA ( supposed to be as good as
MicrosoftVisio, and it doesn't change a thing).

Thank you to anybody who could help

Vanessa.