Misplaced lyrics

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Misplaced lyrics
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:54:53 +0100

I am using automatic note splitting (section 6.2.7 of the guide) and I
have encountered a problem with lyrics.  I have attached a sample
(first few bars of the top parts of a Palestrina Mass) with the words
"Ky -- rie e -- lei -- son" but the 'e' of 'eleison' appear on the
first notes of bars 2 and 3 in the soprano and alto parts
respectively, while they should be on the 3rd beats.  In both these
cases, the note at the start of the bar is split over the barline by
lilypond.  I have tried this in the latest stable version, 2.10.25.
Can anyone suggest a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Joe