Re: setting systems per page in lilypond-book

From: Adam Good
Subject: Re: setting systems per page in lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:20:06 +0200

That'll define how many systems will be used in the entire piece but not how many systems there should be before a page break. Here's what I've been doing in lilypond-book:

\newcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\\[Xpt]}
\lilypondfile[indent=1.5\cm]{mypiece.ly}

for each piece I'm working on (which are anywhere from 11 lines of music to say 40 lines of music and anywhere from 1 to 3 pages) I adjust "X" in the \betweenLilyPondSystem line to where I get the number of systems on the first page that looks good to me. but i must make so many guesses before I find what I like. It would be much handier if I could specify how many systems I want before there's a page break.

hopefully that makes sense?