Re: rest position, polyphony

From: Germain G. Ivanoff-Trinadtzaty
Subject: Re: rest position, polyphony
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:08:33 +0200

Thank you so much for your *magic* functions !
It works fine.
So my next step would probably be to ...read(?) them, then to make them deal with whole-mesure rests. I precisely planned to master scheme programming in a few... years !
In fact, I did hope there would be a built-in command, or variable to set...
Nevertheless, I'm grateful towards you for sharing these.
Germain G.I.T.

Arvid Grøtting wrote:

"Germain G. Ivanoff-Trinadtzaty" <address@hidden> writes:

Would you know another way to get rests merged
without introducing layout tricks in the music ?

Yes.  I have the following two files in my private include directory
("../include/"):

...and then I say the following:

\include "../include/merge-rests.ly"

Result: Rests that should be merged, are, except for multi-measure rests.

Salut,

--

Arvid