Piano Staff with Autochange and lyrics between staves

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Piano Staff with Autochange and lyrics between staves
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 23:08:27 +0000 (UTC)

I'd like to set some single-note beginning piano music for my daughter, and want
to make a piano staff with lyrics between the two staves.

I'd like to have just one voice in the music, and have the voice autochange.

I've reviewed Automatic Staff Changes
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Automatic-staff-changes#Automatic-staff-changes)
which doesn't allow lyrics between the staves;
and the piano templates
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Piano-templates#Piano-templates),
 D.2.3. Piano Centered Lyrics, which doesn't autochange.

I can get a melody in the GrandStaff to autochange, but I can't get lyrics to
align to that melody.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

Code Follows:

verse= \lyricmode {
        Rain - drops on ros - es and whisk - ers on kit-tens

}

melody = \relative c'{
        e4 b' b | fis e e | b e e | fis e r
}

staffPiano = \new GrandStaff {
                \time 3/4
                \key g \major
                <<
                \context Staff = "up" {  % Right hand
                        \clef treble
                        \key c \major
                        %\transpose g c {\melody}
                        \relative c {
                                %s2.*4
                \autochange \melody
                %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "melPia" {\verse}
                \context Staff = "down" {  % Left hand
                        \clef bass
                        \key c \major
                        %\relative c \AncientRemoveEmptyStaffContext
                                %s2.*4

\score {
                \staffPiano

        \layout  {