alignment of syllables which start a melisma

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: alignment of syllables which start a melisma
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:04:44 -0400

[ Lilypond 2.11.25-1 ; Mac OS X ]

Hello all!

Just wondering if there is yet a way to globally adjust the alignment of (only) syllables which begin melismas.

I find Lilypond's default to be too far to the right (i.e., too severely left-aligned), and so I have to manually enter a macro before every syllable that begins a melisma -- I would much rather be able to change a single setting somewhere, if I could find where that is.

Thanks!
Kieren.