Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice

From: plasmacarwash
Subject: Re: need to generate mass quantities of random notes for practice
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:44:18 -0700 (PDT)

Carl Sorensen-3 wrote:

> plasmacarwash <creamtowney <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>

>> Carl,
>>
>> The 'simple test' worked eloquently but, they are ascending. I will
>> experiment with commas and dbl. commas.
>
> Since the test doesn't have a \relative in it, the notes are absolute.  It
> doesn't matter whether they are ascending or descending.  The important
> thing
> is to make sure there is no \relative in the file for your random notes.
>

>> This will give me the newbies variance I need to be good, no?
>> Also,
>> I am definitely not using the GUI as I want to write musically and
>> manually
>> synergized in one.
>> Understand?
>>

> Lilypondtool for Jedit is not a GUI, but an Integrated Development
> Environment.
>  You still enter the notes manually, but you have help available, and it's
> trivial to run Lilypond, and one simple click to preview the PDF, etc.
> You
> really ought to try out Lilypondtool.
>
> Carl

Ok, no "\relative". I will review my beginnings in the tutorial as well.

Another kind user said recommended lilypondtools the same way you just did.

But, I have the lilypondtools added to the jEdit plug-in.

Is their another way you use lilypondtools?

I just want to get to the point of "autonomic" proficiency with this superb
notation software, lol.

much love,

JWpeek