Re: How to have fingerings in bold?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to have fingerings in bold?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:33:48 +0200

Griff Miller wrote:

I now have run across two more problems:

1) How do I prevent Lilypond from placing the fingering higher than others for
the tonic? I've searched the web for "fingering" together with "tonic" and
can't find the answer.

LilyPond doesn't know what a tonic is, so that's not the issue. If you temporarily turn on stems again, you will quickly realize what is going on. You have just made the stems transparent, but LilyPond will still take them into account when it tries to place other objects to avoid collisions. Just add a \override Stem #'direction = #DOWN to fix the problem.

2) Perhaps I am asking LP to do too much, but how do I get horizontal brackets
to float above my fingerings (I force all fingerings to go above the note with
"^" and I have an override in place that makes the the horizontal brackets go
above the staff).

Add some padding to the horizontal brackets:
     \override HorizontalBracket #'padding = #1.0
The default value is 0.2.

  /Mats