Re: Java, was: etf2ly

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Java, was: etf2ly
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:38:23 +0200

Bert,

thanks for your advise. I installed JRE and got LilypondTool running after fiddling with a lot of error messages like

C:\Programme\jEdit\jars\LilyPonToo.jar:
Requieres version 1.4.2. or later of errorlist.Error.ListPlugin,
but errorlist.ErrorListPlugin is not installed

C:\Programme\jEdit\jars\LilyPonToo.jar:
Requieres version 0.7.2 or later of sidekick.SideKickPlugin,
but sidekick.SideKickPlugin is not installed

etc.

Each message occured after donwloading the plugin and copying the jar file. The PluginManager was not able to download/install the files.

Finally I got an editor with syntax highlight and an PDF viewer with a nice "point and shot" to go to the note under cursor. The errors in Lilypond output are shown in the Console window. But there is no feature to go to the source, when Lilypond finds an error?

Will give it further tries.

Best regards, Helge