Re: how to write notes without staff?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how to write notes without staff?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:53:54 +0200

To make the staff lines of an ordinary Staff context transparent,
you can use
\override Staff.StaffSymbol #'transparent = ##t

However, if you only want to notate rhythms and don't
need any beamed notes, then it may be easier to obtain
what you want to do using text markup. The following
example illustrates some of the possibilities:

\version "2.10.0"
\markup{\note #"4." #UP + \note #"8" #UP + \note #"2" #DOWN = \note #"1" #DOWN }

  /Mats

Dario Marrini wrote:

hi,
I need to write some little tests, in which I have to put simple notes,
without staff, clef and time; I can make trasparent barlines by using
\cadenzaOn, and  I can have a single line using \new RithmStaff, but how
can I make trasparent the line of RythmStaff? and how can I alternate
notes and text character (like =, or +) using lilypond code only? I use
Openoffice and OOoLilypond.

thanks, bye

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing