changing color of pedal line segments

From: Kieran Coulter
Subject: changing color of pedal line segments
Date: 20 May 2007 08:28:38 -0700

Hello,

My last email didn't seem to get sent properly, so I'm retrying.

I have a question as to whether or not I can change the colour of the bracket style pedal line. I have achieved the bracket style pedal line successfully placing " \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket " inside of the _expression_, but in my attempt to construct a tweak to change the colour of the pedal line to a noticeable red (I wish to draw the attention of my student towards the pedal line), I am not successful. By best attempt at the tweak is :

" \override Staff.pedal #'color = #red "

but it doesn't seem to work. I hope to be able to colour the

" \sustainUp "
" \sustainDown " and
" \sustainUp\sustainDown " segments individually, so that I can draw attention to the particular pedal motion my student happens to miss.

Hopefully this is possible! Thanks very much.

Kieran Coulter