Re: problems with afterGrace

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: problems with afterGrace
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:11:47 +0200

Le vendredi 18 mai 2007 à 18:55 +0300, Till Rettig a écrit :
> I didn't yet read anything deeper about scheme, you have to see me as
> the average user (or maybe the straight reader) who
> has read from the beginning of the whole documentation throughout this
> chapter. Should we include a special chapter about syntax of tweaks
> (the question about to which layer they can belong and with what
> syntax they have to be defined)? This is somehow very shortly
> mentioned in chapter 5, but not really clear: I would think about
> something like the differences between \override, \set, \tweak and
> then those scheme syntax examples. This might be a introduction to the
> Notation reference part. Unfortunately I don't know the differences
> myself, so I cannot really help here. i am aware that chapter 12 gives
> a very deep view into the matter, but what about just something very
> practical for the start?

What about Chapter 9 "Changing defaults"?  It's very practical, and it
deals in detail with \tweak, \set and \override.  Chapter 5 is only an
introduction to tweaking, for beginners.

Chapter 12 is quite technical, but chapters 9, 10, 11 and 13 really deal
with daily use, so any user familiar with basic stuff (Chapters 1-5) is
invited to read these chapters.

As always, don't fear asking other questions about unclear docs details
like the afterGraceFraction thing.

Cheers
John