moving bar line engraver to staff level

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: moving bar line engraver to staff level
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:20:40 -0400

I think this is a bug, but since I don't usually rely on the default
bar line engraver, I'm sending this to user in case I'm doing
something really dumb.

The attached file is in 2/2, and should start with a partial measure,
in both parts.

If I don't include the \layout section, which moves the barline
engraver to the staff level from the score level, it prints the way I
expect.

The file as written prints the first part as expected, but ignores the
\partial statement for the second part.

If it's a bug, does anyone know a workaround?  If not, what am I doing
wrong?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139