Re: lyric vertical spacing

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: lyric vertical spacing
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 07:45:59 +0000

I went looking in the mail archive to see if I could find an answer to
my question as I had not heard from anybody, only to discover that Mats
had responded.  For some reason it did not find its way to my in-box.

> Which LilyPond version? The vertical spacing handling has changed
> significantly
> in the latest development version 2.11, compared to earlier versions.

I'm currently running  v2.10.23.

> You should be able to find several examples in the mailing list
> archives. The basic ideas are described in the section on "Vertical
> spacing inside a system".

I went there per your suggestion and tried tweaking the minimum-y-extent
but I was unable to make it any better.  I eventually tried
#'extra-offset on the lyrics.  This solved half of the problem.  I was
able to move them close enough to the staff for my purposes but, of
course, it did *not* change the spacing of the systems above and below
the lyrics.

-David