Re: How do I typeset this!?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: How do I typeset this!?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 06:06:57 +0200

Citat Matthias Berndt <address@hidden>:

> consider the following bit of markup:
> \new Voice << { <e' a'>1~<e' a'>2 } { e''2. c''4} >>

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.
To me it seems like you are trying to put two voices into one voice. You create
one voice (the \new Voice statement) and asks it to playi two whole notes at
the same time as a dotted half note.
I don't have lily here, but doesn't it give the desired result if you replace
"Voice" with "Staff", or, alternatively,  removes the "\new Voice" altogether?

-Rune