Re: lilypond-book and pdf output

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and pdf output
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:42:34 +0200

I begin to suspect that you have some problems with character encoding or
line endings in the text file. Do you, by chance, use old-style Mac line-endings
(i.e. just a CR)? In that case, try to save the file using the new Mac OS X
convention (which is the same as UNIX has always been using) to use LF for
line endings.

I have tried your example code below and lilypond-book works as it should, i.e.
the generated .tex file looks like

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{graphics}
\begin{document}

Some text:

\begin{quotation}{%
\parindent 0pt%
\ifx\preLilyPondExample \undefined%
\relax%
\else%
\preLilyPondExample%
\fi%
\def\lilypondbook{}%
\input lily-1037f451ae-systems.tex%
\ifx\postLilyPondExample \undefined%
\relax%
\else%
\postLilyPondExample%
\fi%
}
\end{quotation}

\end{document}

and you get a number of files named lily-1037f451ae*

   /Mats

Graeme McKinstry wrote:

Hi,
I should have included the code I was using:

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

Some text:

\begin[quote,fragment,staffsize=26]{lilypond}
c' d' e' f' g'2 g'2
\end{lilypond}

\end{document}

(lilypond taken from the manual). Saved as lily_music.pdftex

>From the terminal window:

lilypond-book --format=latex --pdf ~/lily_music.pdftex

(I have tried variations on this command, including directing output
to a directory, etc.)

Creates a new .tex file + other files mentioned below:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{graphics}
\begin{document}

Some text:

\begin[quote,fragment,staffsize=26]{lilypond}
c' d' e' f' g'2 g'2
\end{lilypond}

\end{document}

(which is the same as the original file + an \include{graphics} command)

Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se> writes:

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology