trying to make a book

From: Adam Good
Subject: trying to make a book
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:57:05 +0200

Hi all,
I would like some advice, still feeling like such a newbie, I'm a bit baffled (frustrated) trying to make a book of about 19 different pieces using Lilypond. when I hit compile Lilypond seems to get pretty far but then kinda craps out and won't finish the job. Incidentally I can successfully compile a file that is about 5 pieces, the more I add the longer it takes (not surprising) but by the time I \include too many, it's not happening. Here's what I have going on:

1. Apple PowerBook G4 running OSX 10.3.9 (1Ghz PowerPC)
2. Lilypond version 2.11.22-1 (development version)
3. using a lot of Turkish accidental fonts and stuff.

-------snip------------
\header{
 tagline = ""
 copyright = ""
}

\version "2.11.17-1"

\include "makam.ly"
\include "makam-paper-defaults.ly"

\paper{printallheaders = ##t}

\score {
\include "Piece1.ly"
}

\score {
\include "Piece2.ly"
}

\score {
\include "Piece3.ly"
}

but etc...etc..etc....\score {\include "Piece1.ly"} 19 times of course

each of those "PieceX.ly" files contains all the notes, headers, etc...

for the record,

"makam.ly" is an .ly file i made for defining accidentals for turkish music. "makam-paper-defaults.ly" is an .ly file that just gives me some useful stuff

I'm really surprised if my machine doesn't have the juice to do this, it should only be about 25+ pages.

Will my life completely change if I use LaTeX? I haven't tried firing that up yet.

Thanks for any advice!!!

best,
Adam Good