Re: beginning-of-measure padding value?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: beginning-of-measure padding value?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:05:10 -0400

Hello, all --

I hope you have seen the earlier followups in this email thread [...]

Fair enough, but it's a *lot* more work in recent versions to have a acceptable-looking score (with respect to initial measure spacing) than it was in previous versions.

For example, I've included a screenshot of untweaked Lilypond output for an instrumental part I cranked out yesterday -- you'll see that the initial spacing is totally unacceptable without a good deal of tweaking (the rests are almost completely swallowed by the key signature); in other parts of the score, it is nearly impossible to distinguish the barline from the left-hand side of the leading flat; etc.

Cheers,
Kieren.

p.s. Once the show opens (this weekend), and I have more time, I'll submit specific bug reports...

PNG image