Re: mysterious output

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: mysterious output
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:15:11 +0200

David Bobroff wrote:

I'm having a couple of problems with the following input (I've stripped
it down to a bare minimum).

The first problem is that the  SystemStartBracket does  not appear  at
the beginning of every system of multiple staves.
This one's easy. The bracket is only printed if the total vertical
extent of the system exceeds the value of the collapse-height
property, so if you add a setting
   \override Score.SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #1.0
you will get the bracket for all systems with multiple staves.

The second problem is that the slashSeparator is also not appearing
except for a little bit of it at the top of the page.  Is this a problem
with software (LilyPond) or wetware (me)?
This looks like some weird bug and I guess that the warning
messages

programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: nan staff space
Setting to zero.
continuing, cross fingers

are related to the problem (which remains also in the latest
development version). Notice that this problem has nothing to
do with you use of \RemoveEmptyRhythmicStaffContext, so
if you send a bug report, you can make the example even more
minimal.

  /Mats

Thanks,

David

%%%%%%%%%%%% BEGIN .LY
\version "2.10.10"

gong = {
 c1
 R1*5
}

bd = {
 R1
 c1
 R1*4
}

sd = {
 R1
 c1
 c1
 c1
 c1
 c1
}

cym = {
 R1
 c1
 c1
 c1
 R1*2
}

global = {
 \repeat unfold 5 {
   s1 \break

\score {
 <<
   \override Score.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
   \set Score.skipBars = ##t
   \new StaffGroup <<
     \new RhythmicStaff <<
   \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "Snare Drum "
   \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "SD "
   \global
   \sd

     \new RhythmicStaff <<
   \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "Cymbals "
   \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "Cym "
   \cym

     \new RhythmicStaff <<
   \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "Bass Drum "
   \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "BD "
   \bd

     \new RhythmicStaff <<
   \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "Gong "
   \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "Gng "
   \gong

   \layout {
     \context  {
   \RemoveEmptyRhythmicStaffContext