Re: Why doesn't this work?

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: Why doesn't this work?
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 02:28:14 +0200

Hello list, hello Mats,

You wrote:
> I have not idea why it doesn't work. However, if you look in
> ly/music-functions-init.ly, you will notice that the \tweak command
> itself is implemented using music functions, so one possibility is to
> use that definition as a starting point and modify it to do what you
> want, for example:
>
> blaa = #(define-music-function (parser location Note) (ly:music?)
>           (set!
>            (ly:music-property Note 'tweaks)
>            (acons 'color blue
>                   (ly:music-property Note 'tweaks)))
>           Note)

Oh, fantastic, this is working like a charm! :-)
And it's exactly what I wanted to do.

I've tried to look in music-functions-init.ly, but this is really too
great for my rudimentarly knowledge of programming, so I cannot
understand either the text in this file nor fully how Your example does
work.

But nevertheless: It does work!

Many thanks and

Best Regards           Roland