Re: Melisma error.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Melisma error.
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:16:27 +0200

What is the problem? It's much easier if you send a complete (but small) example that can be ran directly through LilyPond. Also, please always tell what LilyPond
version you are using. Based on your example, i made
the following complete example which seems to work well:
\version "2.10.0"
\relative c'{\time 3/4 a   d, b' | a2   d,4 | e2. ~ | e |}
\addlyrics
{Let it be --  gin with   me __ }

Be careful about the syntax. If you want an extender line, use a double
underline separated from the previous syllable by a space. Similarly, I
recommend to use a -- to get a hyphen that's typeset centered between the
syllables.

  /Mats

address@hidden wrote:
Here is a typical example. This pattern occurs repeatedly throughout this
song:

a   d, b' | a2   d,4 | e2. ~ | e |
Let it be-  gin with   me______

Doug.

On Monday 02 April 2007 02:56, Dominic Neumann wrote:
> Please provide us an example code to play with it.
>
> Dominic
>
> 2007/4/1, address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> > I am trying to add lyrics to a tune which has a note tied across two
> > measures. The usual method of adding a double underscore after the word
> > doesn't work.  Since all the examples given happen entirely within one
> > measure, perhaps the command doesn't apply here. I tried using \melisma
> > and \melismaEnd, but got syntax errors.
> >
> >  What is the correct method, please?
> >
> >  Doug.

        Mats Bengtsson