define own variables

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: define own variables
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:00:13 +0200

Hi,

Using version 2.10.20 I've tried to define an own variable, but it
doesn't seem to work, although lilypond doesn't give an error or
warning.

In the attached .ly -file I'm using a variable "manualBeam" taken from
the documentation, and this does work as expected.

I'm no programmer, so I can't see, why my own variable "Abstand" doesn't
work.

In the example there ar four outcommented lines, which do the same as
I'm wanting with my variable "Abstand".

Incommenting these and outcommenting the following line shows, what I
want to do.

The variale would be better for many calls of
"\overrideProperty #"Score.NonMusic ..."
to make the source better readable.

Could somebody help me, please?

Best Regards           Roland