Re: How to supress Volta for "new Staff"-sections // Chord name "bes" wo

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to supress Volta for "new Staff"-sections // Chord name "bes" won't be interpreted correctly
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 23:23:07 +0100

Quoting Oguz Erden <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I'd like to place volta brackets over the chord names as described in section "LilyPond Tips and Tricks" in documentation. Therefor, I put the "voltaOnThisStaff" property in my chords section - with success. But now I can't get rid off of the default staff voltas. I always end up with getting an error.

See my comment below.

Besides, the chord "bes" won't be interpreted - the parser exits with "syntax error, unexpected STRING". Is this affected by "germanChords" - disabling didn't help either?

I didn't notice any syntax problems with the bes, at least not on version 2.10.19.

Hope I don't annoy anyone by posting two subjects in one mail. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Regards,
Erden

--
%staff section - where to put "voltaOnThisStaff"?:
staffVoice = \new Staff

This line will work fine if you just add a space before the ending right bracket - a silly detail in the syntax.

%harmonies section - ok, besides the chord "bes" in 4th line:
harmoniesOne = \new ChordNames \with {
        voltaOnThisStaff = ##t
        \consists Bar_engraver
        \consists "Volta_engraver"

There's no need for this line! The volta engraver is already included by default.

  /Mats