Re: Printing two copies of same music (including title and composer) on

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Printing two copies of same music (including title and composer) on same piece of paper?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:49:04 +0100

The solution, which is mentioned at the end of the section on "Creating titles"
in the manual, is to add

\paper{
 printallheaders=##t
}

in your input file (for example at the very top or very end of the file).

  /Mats

Matthew Beckler wrote:
Hello,

I'm in the process of digitizing some old, handwritten music for the University
of Minnesota Marching Band. We use 'pep-band' sized music, which is 7 inches
wide by 5.5 inches tall. We normally print and copy using standard letter (8.5"
x 11") paper, and then trim the music down.

I have a short piece that can easily fit on one pep-band sized piece of music
(7" x 5.5"). I would like to be able to print two complete copies of the same
music (including the title and composer) on the same page. I can play with the
offsets to get things to align in the right places, but I'm having trouble
getting the header to print for the second copy. Here is a very simplified
version of my source, again, I'm trying to get the title and composer to show up
for the second copy as well as the first.

\version "2.8.0"
\include "english.ly"

\header
{
        title = "Title"
        composer = "Composer"
        maintainer = "address@hidden"
        lastupdated = "2007/Feburary/27"
}

soloTrumpet = \new Voice { \relative c'' {
        \set Staff.instrument = "Solo Trumpet"
        \set Staff.midiInstrument = "trumpet"

        % phrase 1
        bf4 d f4. d8 | ef g r4 r2 | f4 bf bf4. c8 | a f r4 r2 | \bar "|."
}}

#(set-global-staff-size 14)

\book
{