Re: Extending lyrics after notes

From: Fred Leason
Subject: Re: Extending lyrics after notes
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:17:56 -0600

Keith:

I do this all the time for chant. You use "\once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT" for the last word of the line. Try this:

BEGIN LilyPond

\version "2.11.19"
global = {
        \key e \major
        \set Staff.whichBar = ""
        \set Score.timing = ##f
        }

trebMusicA = {
        \fatText s4_"A" \noBreak
        <gis' e'>2 \break <fis' dis'>4
        }

bassMusicA = {
        s4 <b e>2  \break <b b,>4
        }

allWords = \lyricmode
        {
\set stanza = "1" \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT \markup{Happy are they who have not walked in the counsel of the} \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT \markup {wicked,* \italic "(Look truly happy that you are not one of those wicked.)"}
}

\score {

        \context ChoirStaff <<
           \context Staff = women <<

                                \context Voice =
                                women { \oneVoice \global
                                        \trebMusicA
}

                        \context Lyrics = women \lyricsto women \allWords
                        \context Staff = men <<
                        \clef bass
                        \context Voice =
                                basses { \oneVoice \global