Re: "No module named lilylib"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "No module named lilylib"
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:00:40 +0100

See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/28264/match=lilylib
and several similar emails in the mailing list archives.

  /Mats

Davide Benini wrote:

Hello folks.
I am using using lilypond-book to embed some music fragments in a latex document. So far I had been using lilypond on a powerpc mac, and everything went smooth. Now I had to switch to an Intel mac, an things are not working. I am using lilypond 2.10.19-1

I launch lilypond-book with this command

lilypond-book --pdf --format=latex --output=finalOutput joyce.tex

and I get this log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond-book", line 44, in ?
   import lilylib as ly
ImportError: No module named lilylib

Quite weirdly, I get the same error with lilypond-book without any argument or option.

I guess this has something ti do with paths, althoughI have already added /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin to my bash $PATH.

Any suggestion?
Cheers,
Davide

        Mats Bengtsson