Re: Problems with Lilypond-book, accidentals, and time signatures

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problems with Lilypond-book, accidentals, and time signatures
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:35:34 +0100

Quoting Fred Leason <address@hidden>:

Aaron:

I pasted your snippet into a TeX file and ran lilypond-book (2.11.19.) Output looked good to me. I used pdflatex:

>lilypond-book InlineFragment.tex --pdf --output=pdflatex
lilypond-book (GNU LilyPond) 2.11.19
Reading InlineFragment.tex...
Running latex...This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C  7.5.5)
entering extended mode
(/tmp/tmpq8dcqe.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, d
utch, italian, norsk, portuges, spanish, swedish, nohyphenation, loaded.

<snip>

>cd pdflatex
>open lily-173dcc0941.pdf

Well, a more relevant command is
pdflatex InlineFragment.tex
open InlineFragment.pdf

This is actually a good hint for Aaron, namely to use the --pdf flag and pdflatex instead of --psfonts, latex, dvips and ps2pdf.
The font files should be the same, but you never know with software.

Also, I really hope that Aaron removed all generated lily-* files
from any older LilyPond installation before trying to run lilypond-book
again with a newer one. The same goes if you earlier have used --psfonts
and then want to use --pdf instead.

  /Mats