Re: Controlling the very first bit of "preferatory" spacing?

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: Controlling the very first bit of "preferatory" spacing?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:48:19 +0100

>> In this rhythmic snippet, the "perferatory" spacing on only the very
>> first system collapses down to nothing (compared to the remaining
>> three systems). Is there any way to control this amount of
>> system-initial spacing and make it equal that of the remaining three
>> systems?
>
> Aha. The solution is to \remove Separating_line_group_engraver in the
> Staff context.

I guess that's probably how Trevor found this solution, but just for the
record: Looking for more information on the above-mentioned
Separating_line_group_engraver, I have just discovered that section
8.4.3 of the manual(which is significantly entitled "proportional
notation" ;)) deals with this issue. It also mentions two other
overrides which might prove useful to the folks working with
proportional notation (which I personally have never done). Thanks for
the hint, Trevor.

Cheers
Max