Re: A new feature since 2.10.14 doesn't work

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: A new feature since 2.10.14 doesn't work
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:59:05 +0100

Hello list, hello Graham,

You wrote:

> Roland Goretzki wrote:
> >the new feature described in the documentation under "Changes" as:
> >"Objects that belong outside of the staff are now positioned automatically
> >to avoid collisions."
>
> You were looking at the changes for the unstable 2.11 branch.  All of
> those new features are only found in 2.11, not in 2.10.

Oh, yes, You are right!
But it is a bit confusing on the web:
On the home there You can read the following:

  LilyPond 2.10.14 and 2.11.14 available - January 26, 2007
      This release has a rewrite of the line-spanner code, responsible for
among other glissandi
      and text-crescendos, making them more flexible. (Bugfixes, Changes,
Download)

And after clicking on "Changes" I didn't read the first line from the
NEWS page:

  New features in 2.11 since 2.10

So it was surely my mistake, but I think an understandable mistake ...

Anyway:
Thank You for the informative response!

Best Regards           Roland