Re: Lilypond for Windows XP

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Lilypond for Windows XP
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 05:49:30 +1100

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 01:01:36PM +0000, Gary key wrote:
> Hi!  will this programe run on Windows XP.  How easy is it to install and use?
> do I need any special programs to support it??
> Regards,
> G.Key.

Hi Gary,

(This email is more appropriate to the lilypond-user list, so I'll
reply there).

Yes, LilyPond will run in Windows XP. There's an installer at
http://lilypond.org/web/install/#2.10 -- you may need to scroll down a
bit to find the Windows version.

LilyPond isn't hard to use, but it takes getting used to and the
initial learning curve is quite steep. You will need to look at the
documentation ( http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/ ). At the
very least, make sure you work through the tutorial.

With a little practice you'll find that it is far quicker to use than
most score editors, and the results speak for themselves.

Anyway, welcome to the LilyPond community. If you have any problems,
please don't hesitate to contact us back!

Cameron Horsburgh