How do I get rehearsal marks at both end and beginning of lines?

From: Robert Kennedy
Subject: How do I get rehearsal marks at both end and beginning of lines?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:39:35 -0800

I want a rehearsal mark at the end of one line, and a different
rehearsal mark at the beginning of the next line.

It seems to be a bug that rehearsal marks are junked as duplicates
without regard to different values of their break-visibility
properties.

One of the rehearsal marks in the following files disappears. How do I
get them both to appear in the right places?

        -- Robert Kennedy

\new Staff { c''1
             \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility =
#begin-of-line-invisible
             \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #right
             \mark \markup { "end of line" }
             \break
             \mark \markup { "beginning of line" } d'' }