Re: Lilypond Tool

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: Lilypond Tool
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:50:55 -0500

Graham,

Thanks for the advice.  Yes I did indeed install the latest bleeding-edge version of Lily.  Love it!!

My compile times are now in the neighbourhood of five to 40 seconds.  (I think the longer times are when my machine gets itself bogged down somehow, and I simply reboot.)

On other subjects, what does anybody know about jEdit 4.3 pre9 and installation on a FreeBSD machine.  I have had trouble with that on my other machine.  It stopped because of a program called diablo-caffe which is having issues with my libraries (I think).  I *have* written to the recommended people asking their help, but if we can get the word out, maybe somebody on the list has some experience with this, and perhaps some hints.

Blessings,

Fr. Gordon

On 29/01/07, Graham Percival < address@hidden> wrote:
Bertalan Fodor wrote:

> Five minutes? Really? Could you send me a file with this processing time?
>
>> Windows XP Pro, Lilypond 2.11.5, jEdit 4.3 pre-9, Lilypond Tool 2.10.3

Gordon, please do not use an old unstable version like 2.11.5.  Please
either use the stable version (2.10.x), or use the most current unstable
version (currently 2.11.13 or .14).

We recently fixed a large number of memory leaks, which could easily
cause your file to compile very slowly.

Cheers,
- Graham

--