Re: making fermata effect the MIDI output? tempo along bezier curves?

From: Ted Walther
Subject: Re: making fermata effect the MIDI output? tempo along bezier curves?
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:26:20 -0800

Thanks Trevor.  Looks messy, but since my source language is common
lisp, I can easily make a generator function to handle that for me.

So (fermata *music*) will macro-expand to

(let ((oldtempo tempo))
    \override Score.MetronomeMark #'transparent = ##t
    (tempo (/ tempo 2))
    *music*\fermata
    (tempo oldtempo)
    \override Score.MetronomeMark #'transparent = ##f)

And (tempo x) will expand to \tempo x

Although I had the impression that \tempo was deprecated and didn't work
anymore?  These days I use
        \set Score.tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 100 4)
instead of
        \tempo 4=100

Was \tempo fixed to work again?

Ted