converting Egmont Overture files - help!

From: Andrew Clark
Subject: converting Egmont Overture files - help!
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:21:55 +0000 (UTC)

I just discovered Lilypond last night in my search for an
arrangement of the Egmont Overture.  I am using a macmini
running Tiger.  I tried the three different versions of Lilypond
and none of them will open the files for the individual parts
for this arrangement.  I tried running the update syntax and
 it doesn't work.  and now I am running Fink and trying to get
an older version of Lilypond and this is turning into a software
nightmare for me - is there anyway to simply print
these charts?  Does anyone have them in an updated
format that they can email
to me?  Thank you very much! - AC