Re: German translation help file

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: German translation help file
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 00:20:36 +0100

Till Rettig escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> because it caused me some difficulties to understand how the git
> conventions for commting patches worked I wrote a small helper file so
> far called README.de in the web/ directory. Could somebody check it,
> proof read it and maybe also change something if I made mistakes? I add
> it in the patch form and another time the file itself so it is more easy
> to read.

Can you coordinate with John M? I think it's better if this were in English
and put in the main README. Translators will be able to read ENglish anyway,
and it's the same for all languages.

> git format-patch <committish>^

if it was the last change you made,

  git format-patch HEAD^

is a bit shorter and easier to use.

> wobei committish wiederum die Nummer ist, die man vorher herausgefunden hat.
> Dabei werden einige Dateien erstellt, u.A. auch die Datei, die den Namen
> hat, mit dem man git commit ausgeführt hat. Diese Datei wird dann per
> E-Mail an lilypond-devel oder lilypond-user eingeschickt.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com