Re: A contribution to the Wiki

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: A contribution to the Wiki
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:25:30 +0100

Kevin Dalley wrote:
> Is the lilypond extension available on this wiki site.  I can't figure
> out how to display lilypond in the best way on this site.

No, there isn't any LilyPond extension on lilypondwiki.tuxfamily.org,
because Tuxfamily is a generic free software projects hosting service;
they only accept to add software that will be useful to all projects,
which is not true for LilyPond extension.

So, the current way of inserting ly snippets in the is to upload a PNG
picture of the score and also insert the ly source.

It would really cool that we could have a wiki with LilyPond extension.
The main problem is to find a host with a strong server (or strong
servers, I don't know), and an administrator who has time to make it
really living.

Happy New Year to all LilyPonders!
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>