Re: two-pass line/page breaking and lilypond-book -- example/docs?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: two-pass line/page breaking and lilypond-book -- example/docs?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 05:41:49 -0800

Arvid Grøtting wrote:
I was browsing through the 2.11.2 docs today looking for documentation for
two-pass line/page breaking.  Unfortunately, all I found was a reference to a
regression test that I didn't quite understand.

I understand even less about the two-pass stuff.

What I'd like to do is take the line breaks from a score processed with
optimal-page-breaks and use these breaks in a later invokation of lilypond-book.
  Is this possible, and how do I do it in a way that I can script?

The current optimal page breaks give very decent results, so I'd like to keep
those line breaks when I produce an anthology as well...

(I understand that I can get similar results by manually specifying the number
of systems once an individual score is finished, but still.)

Also, keeping the breaks file (permanently) once a score has been printed could
be useful, in case one wants to typeset a later edition but keep the same line
breaks; in choirs, conductors have an annoying habit of specifying "third
measure of the second system on page three" rather than "measure 25", and this
can be quite confusing with two different editions in use.

Anyway, that's today's hints for the documentation.

Those aren't hints for the documentation at all.  Please read
http://www.lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

- Graham