Rhythms Notations

From: bbarros
Subject: Rhythms Notations
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:02:15 -0300

I was interested in construct/processing rhythms with lisp or python, like we could do
in open music with "tree" library, and output for Lillypond.
OM uses the Comom Music Notation, that is very good for this kind of  task. It looks like this:

(cmn treble (rqq '(2 ((1 (1 1 1 2)) (1 (1 2)) (1 (1 2 4))))
                g4 fs4 sixteenth-rest en4 (chord c4 ef4) eighth-rest af4 bf4 gf4))

the part '(2 ((1 (1 1 1 2)) (1 (1 2)) (1 (1 2 4))))  is the rhythm, and you
can make construct very easily in different ways, and then further modify it, sometimes
very radically.

this kind of rhythm notation, separated from the pitch material, can be
interesting for this kind of construction and processing. I can choose a sequence
of measures sizes, and then a sequence of proportions inside it. I can't figure
out how to do this and export to lilypond easily. This separations between
proportions and measures sizes.

Does Lilypond allow other kinds of notation that is separated from pitch material
and more handy for tuples.. ? If not, is there projects for that?
I found very easy to generate pitch material for lilypond output,
but I didn't have any insight about rhythms yet... :-(

Any comments or advise ?

Cheers,
Bernardo