Re: Work around for using the internal docs locally

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Work around for using the internal docs locally
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:07:54 +0100

Jonathan Henkelman wrote:
> Does anyone have a work around for using the internal documentation on the
> local
> machine.  I have downloaded the tarball, but the links are all broken (both on
> IE and Firefox) because they do not include filename suffixes.  I'm going away
> over the break and would like to be able to reference them.

I've just submitted a patch on lilypond-devel which should fix that.
Until its commit and the next releases, you can browse the docs online,
or try to the download the 2.10.1 docball, which should be OK:
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/documentation/lilypond-2.10.1-1.documentation.tar.bz2

If you want to know a bit more, this problem has been so since 2.10.2
for the sake of content negotiation, which brings 'automatic language
selection'. It's been added to allow any person reading lilypond.org to
directly get a page in the language he prefers, depending on his
browser's settings. For that purpose, .html extensions are stripped in
all links, which make the docs difficult to browse locally.

--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>