Output quality in the current Lilypond

From: Syepi
Subject: Output quality in the current Lilypond
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:51:21 -0800 (PST)

Hello. I have been using Lilypond 1.6. Now I tried some current version, and
just from the skimming of the output I have found that I like it much less.
In particular, the arpeggios are almost glued to the bars and some ties are
pointing somewhere behind the note heads. Now, it's the matter of taste, I
guess someone changed the code to make it better in his or her opinion, but
it would be nice if there were some options to set the preferences. Is this
possible to set the arpeggios and the ties as they were in 1.6? That is, set
the horizontal spacing of arpeggios and make the ties pointing somewhere in
th space behing noteheads to point at the heads.

By the way, the scripts from 1.6 are no more compilable, updating them with
the lilypond tool makes a lot of warnings. What for is the constant fomar
change?

--
Syepi