Re: point-n-click again

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: point-n-click again
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:45:16 +0000

Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> Am 10. Dezember 2006, 09:05 Uhr (+0000) schrieb David Bobroff:
>
>> Regarding my question about point-and-click instructions; After a
>> re-boot it is working now as per the instructions in the docs for
>> v2.10.  There is one problem, though.  When I click on an item in the
>> PDF  I get a new instance of emacs opening.  How can I prevent this?
>>

> You should be using the command "emacsclient" instead of "emacs" and will
> have to start emacs in sever-mode (put the line '(server-start)' in
> your .emacs)
>
> HTH,
> Orm

Ah, that *does* help some.  I put:

(server-start)

...in my .emacs file.  Now I can open a *.ly file and click on a note in
the PDF without opening a new instance of Emacs.  It does *not* however
go to the correct column, only the correct line.  Emacs does not become
the active window, either.  Shouldn't it?

This bit about 'emacsclient' I don't quite understand.  If I try:

emacsclient *.ly

I get:

Waiting for Emacs...

What am I not understanding here?