Re: lilypond and editors

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: lilypond and editors
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:17:38 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Geoff Horton <address@hidden> writes
Often one can gain productivity by fitting his way of work to the editor :-)

Bert

Sometimes, yes. Often ... I don't know about that, and I'm not really
a fan of the idea. Tools exist for me; I don't exist for tools.

I'd agree with you.

It's like Word. I hate it. I use WordPerfect, because it thinks the way I think.

It's like when I go shooting. I use a rifle left-handed because if I try it right-handed (I am right-handed, by the way) I just CANNOT SEE what I'm doing. The right tool, in the right (in this case, the left :-) hand.

If an editor's way of thinking doesn't match your way of thinking, it will simply get in the way and frustrate you every time you try and do anything slightly out of the ordinary. It just doesn't "fit like a glove".

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden