Re: lilypond and editors

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: lilypond and editors
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:40:15 -0800 (PST)

confrey wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I know some text editors have a support for lilypond; I'd like to know
> what's a fine editor for lilypond, and if it is possible to customize
> gedit (sintax highlighting and statement recognition adn completation).
> bye
>
> confrey
>
> --
>
> confrey
>
> ********************************
> Linux Registered User    #240359
> Linux Registered Machine #133789

If you are on Windows, I created this syntax highlighter for the Context
editor:

www.context.cx

Here is the highlighter plug in I created:

http://forum.context.cx/index.php?topic=1396.0

First download/install Context editor, then download/copy the highlighter
file to the appropriate directory, then whenever you open a ly file in
context it will be highlighted, it also separates scheme code from lilypond
code style-wise.  I entered around 700 or so lilypond reserverd words in the
highlighter and the sceme code appears with a gray background, it also
matches opening/closing brackets, hilights comments differently, etc. and
acceps unicode or ascii data.

Context is a great multi-tabbed, editor with a directory navigator, and
support for code libraries, etc.  I've been using it since July or so and am
very satisfied with it.

Rick