Re: Tutorial

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tutorial
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:21:23 +0100

Manuel wrote:

Since you don't say what error message you get or include your file in the email,
it's impossible to provide any help here.

It says "gescheiterte Dateien".

In that case, I guess that you also get some more warning or error message
above that line, which provide more specific information. Please include the
full log.

- Increase the distance between one specific staff and the next.
You can try the same kind of trick. However, read the sections on vertical
spacing in the manual (and the section on page formatting).

I have, but I don't understand it yet so as to use it succesfully. I tried the trick, but either the title above or the music below dissapeared.
Exactly what did you try? It's much easier to provide good help if you include an
small but complete example of what you tried. Now we have to keep guessing.
(Of course, you could accuse me of being just as vague in some of my answers,
but that's partly intentional from my side, for pedagogical reasons).

- Increase the distance between the last staff and the end of the page (my printer keeps cutting off the last staff's first line)
Do you, by chance, print on letter size paper? LilyPond will by default produce its output for print on A4 size paper. Read in "Paper size" on how to change this setting. Also, in the printout window on Acrobat, you can mark that you want to scale the output to fit on your available paper, but that should never
be necessary if you tell the correct paper size to LilyPond directly.

I use A4 paper. I think the problem is in the printer, because it happens also when printing from other programs, so I would fiddle the layout to avoid the suspected printer bug.
In that case, I would first adjust the bottom-margin parameter, described in "Page formatting".

  /Mats