Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 48, Issue 81

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 48, Issue 81
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:16:48 -0800

Rick,
Like you I'm a musician and not a programmer, also running Win XP, with Lilypond 2.10.
I found the LilyPondTool for jEdit makes things quite simple. You really should give it a try.
I haven't figured out all the tricks yet but at least I'm off to a start!

Thanks for the tip on LP 2.11. I noticed some collisions between text, slurs, and articulations while inputting Strauss' First Horn Concerto (mostly just to learn, but once I'm done I'll have a *clean* copy!) with 2.10, and the What's New notice for 2.11 indicates that those will be fixed in the new version. Yay!

BTW, I noticed (because I'm a horn player!) that Han-Wen Nienhuys input quite a bit of horn music. Han-Wen, are you a horn player?

>Ok...
>
>I must be missing something very simple, but I've been beating a dead horse
>for the past few weeks trying to get convert-ly and other utilities to run
>on Windows XP.
>
>From te command prompt I change directory to "C:\Program
>Files\LilyPond\usr\bin" which is where lilyponfd is installed, but when I
>enter convert-ly on the command line Windows says it is not recognized as a
>command.  Probably because there is no file extension on the file named
>convert-ly?
>
>Shouldn't this program be named convert-ly.exe?  So that it will run when
>you tell it to run like any other program.  I must be missing something very
>simple as I am using the instructions in section 13.3 of the manual, so I
>thought it's time to just ask someone how to do it.
>
>Thanks
>Rick

Regards,

Tim Reeves
Chemical Engineer, Engineering Services Dept.
TOKYO OHKA KOGYO America, Inc.
address@hidden    (503) 693-2076 Desk    (503) 693-2070 Fax    (503) 260-4782 Cell