paper sizes

From: James Bailey
Subject: paper sizes
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 06:29:21 -0800

I was reading the archives on how to define a custom page size, and I'm a little confused as to whether the issue was resolved, meaning, I've read the archives, and tried the suggestions there, but still cannot output my page size.

I've added to the file "paper.scm" the line
    ("octavo" . (cons (* 6.75 in) (* 10.5 in)))
and the music is typeset to those dimensions, but the paper is still a4 size.
To be clear, my input file has
 \paper { #(set-paper-size "octavo") }
#(set-default-paper-size "octavo")
I'm just wondering if there's some aspect that I'm missing.

And just to check, I ran the postscript through Preview, and got the same output.

Thanks tons,

James