Re: Chord names: Spacing and naming problems

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Chord names: Spacing and naming problems
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:03:54 +0100

For the first question, the basic principles are described in Section
"Vertical Spacing within a System" of the manual.

I have never worked with the chords myself but know that it's possible
to specify exceptions. I hope you have tried the \germanChords and semiGermanChords macros described in the manual.

 /Mats

Quoting Philip Chinery <address@hidden>:

Hello,

We have ancountered some problems in placing and naming the chords as we
want them to.
In the default behaviour, the chord names are written with a quite large
vertical gap, starting about on top of the Key symbol. How can we get them a
bit further down?

The other thing is, that the moll chords are displayed like "Am", but we
want to have it another way (maybe it is a german thing...), to have moll
chords displayed lowercase. So "A" remains "A" and "Am" will become "a".

Is there a possibility to do that?

Regards,
Philip