some questions

From: James Bailey
Subject: some questions
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:26:02 -0800

Hello everyone

I'm actually doing rather well with lilypond, with a few minor exceptions. One is that my staff names don't show up and I get the odd warning from lilypond:

warning: can't find property type-check for `instrument' (translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway

My lilypond file consists of:

{
\set Staff.instrument = "Bass"
\set Staff.instr = "B"
c d e f

I'm using macintosh version 2.10.0. Any thoughts?" And I thought that I could make staff instruments anything I wanted to.

Also, I'm trying to raise a metronome mark above a dynamic once.
{