Re: Selling music engraved by Lilypond

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Selling music engraved by Lilypond
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:44:22 -0800 (PST)

Frédéric Chiasson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just saw a message about the tagline "Engraved by Lilypond" and I was
> wondering if it is legal to sell our own partitions of our own
> compositions
> engraved with Lilypond? Is there any limitation you put against a
>
> Frédéric Chiasson

I dont know if I will be selling all that many copies of my jazz
arrangements book by the time it's finished, and by the time I've finally
gotten back copyright permissions to print all these arrangements...  But
when I do, I will be proud to to put a credit in the appendix to the effect
"All music in this book was engraved by Lilypond".  I think authors taking
advantage of such a great free resource should do that much and spread the
word.