Re: Rhythmic slashes

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Re: Rhythmic slashes
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:04:49 +1100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Paul Scott escreveu:
Rick Hansen (aka RickH) wrote:
(snip)

Here is a solution, just change the notehead! (thanks to Brett who sent me
the idea)

\paper {
ragged-right = ##t
}

\new Staff \relative c' {

\bar "|:"
\override NoteHead #'style = #'slash
b'4 b b b

b4 b b b
\revert NoteHead #'style
\bar ":|"

}
I've used that a number of times. Unfortunately it's a mess when you need to transpose the part!

\override staff-position for the note head ; that will solv (part of) the problem.

What if you had a rest that looked like a slash? No transposition issues, then. No input to MIDI if you have a midi block in your .ly file, for that matter. Given the slash is already part of the Feta font, I assume it should be possible - I'm just not sure how to do it! Can someone explain how to do this, or why it's not possible?

Brett